Ah summer, how we love your sun! Eyes itching, nose running, allergy season has now begun!

Our animal companions can share in the same allergy miseries we do, but veterinarians warn that animals can react very differently to medications than humans. Therefore, it is vitally important that you consult with your pet's veterinarian before giving them medications of any kind.

Benadryl is sometimes suggested for dogs to relieve allergy symptoms, bee stings, or bug bites. However, different forms of Benadryl, pills, gelcaps, liquid, childrens, etc. can have different ingredients and some can be harmful to dogs. Make sure there is no alcohol, acetaminophen, pseudoephedrine,or artificial sweetners. XYLITOL which is now found in, candies, gum, mints, toothpaste, baked goods, vitamins, nasal sprays and medications, is DEADLY to dogs! Sorbitol,which like xylitol, is a sugar alcohol, is not toxic to dogs. However, it can cause stomach issues, so caution is needed.

Reading the ingredient list on EVERYTHING, even items we may have given them before, is now an important and necessary step to take before giving anything to our pets.

6 views

© 2015-2018 by Kids 4 Critters. Proudly created with Wix.com

Site design by Jeremy Miller. Site maintenance by Dawn Friedel. Logos by Michael Pfeffer.